Monday, April 20, 2009
GREEN MOHAVE RATTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so, the title says it all....WE HAD A HUMUNGO RATTLE SNAKE IN OUR YARD TODAY!!!! It was crazy! The Siberians both started freaking out and howling all of the sudden, so mom goes to check it out. She practically runs in the house and screams, "THERE'S A RATTLE SNAKE IN THE DOG RUN!!!" So needless to say, I ran out there too. And there he was, the biggest rattle snake I have ever seen. We have a peach tree in the dog run that has a fence around it so they Sibes wont rip it up. Well, Mr. Snake was coiled up right inside the tree well siting in the water. Sasha and Ivan were trying to get at it. Finally, we let the dogs into the main yard so they wouldn't get bitten, and mom pulls out the BB gun. First shot she misses by a hair, then the next shot, BAM dead center in his back. Mr. Snake tries, and fails to slither away. He rests his head on an elevated dirt mound, and mom shoots again. BAM! Right in the middle of Mr. Snakes head. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Who knew Mom was such a dead eye? She is our very own Annie Oakley!!! LOL! So anyways, that's our snake story. It was very invigorating! =D Here are the pic's of our little [big?] friend!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Scary. We had a bullsnake in our basement last year. I could not imagine a rattler.
ReplyDeleteI would freak out if that was in my yard! I'm glad your mom killed it! I love your background hehe :)
ReplyDelete