Her name is Doran and she is 19 years old. She is a single teen mommy to a 9 month old baby boy named Gabe. They are both so adorable! Her story is almost IDENTICAL to mine! Abusive boyfriend, insecure personality, very naive. You know, the usual. But you know what's even better?
SHE'S A CHRISTIAN!!!! And not a brick-and-mortar Christian. Not a Christian who just goes to church and then doesn't have anything to do with God outside of church. This girl has a full on, 100% relationship with Jesus Christ! I am sooooo happy I cannot even contain myself!
I won't go into a ton of detail, but lets just say God's timing is perfect, and he really does work all things together for the good. :) He used to bad situations to bring us together, and that, my friends, is amazing.
Yesterday was our first official face-to-face meet. We had talked on the phone a few days earlier. Wow guys! It was soooooo awesome! Her son is so freaking adorable, and Lyla loved him!!! They were just playing away while Doran and I chatted. I was over there for about 3.5 hours! And she's coming to church with us tonight! She usually goes on Sunday, and we go on Saturday, so that's why we haven't met sooner!
God is amazing, and I cannot wait to see how he is going to grow my relationship with Doran. I think that He is going to make us the bestest of friends. :)






hey kylee!! I'm so happy for you. God really does work in great ways, and this is proof. I'm so glad he brought you and Doran together :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so absolutely excited for you Peaches! Glad you found someone to relate to and your pix are amazing. ohhh i'm just so pumped for you! holy cow! Well congrats dear! keep me posted on how things go!
ReplyDeleteWow that's great news - God's timing is ALWAYS perfect even if we don't realise it :)
ReplyDeleteGabe and Lyla look adorable together!