This was a few days after Lyla was born. I was just barley becoming serious about photography. At the time, I was extremely proud of this picture. I had just downloaded the GIMP, and learned how to use Selective Colorization. I still think this is a beautiful picture, but it could be better. :P These two photos were during my "natural" phase of photography. I was trying to make every picture look natural, with natural light and all that jazz. However, it was quite hard. You see, my camera at the time was not that good of quality, which made picture taking pretty frustrating.
Ahh, the "over-used-eye-pop" stage. Lovely. I had just learned how to do an eye pop on my photo's and overdid it on almost EVERY single photo of Lyla. LOL! I was so excited that I could make her eyes sparkle, but now it just kinda looks freaky!
This was my "vignette" stage. I was trying to give my photo's a nice warm/soft look, so obviously it was with a vignette! Right? Haha, I think it looks OK, but not great. It needs to be feathered more.
FINALLY, I got a new camera. My beautiful Canon PowerShot. It is a more advanced camera, but not a DSLR. I guess you could say that it is what some call a "bridge" camera. Along with my little beauty, I also got version 7 of Photoshop. So with those two tools, I started taking better pictures. :)
You can see that this picture is much clearer, and is more natural looking. I downloaded some nice actions that helped a lot, but I then started doing something else......I OVER softened Lyla's face. She looked like bad airbrushed model! LOL!






You can see real evolution there Kylee and you've taken some lovely pics. Personally I love the high-key look with washed out midtones. The great thing about PG is that you can choose so many styles and really let yourself come through in the end pic. Keep trying different things and you'll soon find out what's you. For me its the unnatural/overcooked look. Its not everyone's cup of tea but it really me!
ReplyDeleteI too have been through the overused eye-pop stage. (I think we all have! LOL) Isn't photography a wonderful journey!?
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! It was fun watching the changes!
ReplyDeleteGreat job chronicling your journey! :-) thanks for sharing - your photos are lovely!
ReplyDeleteI love those photo's. They look great!! You can really tell how you grew in your photophraphy passion. I love the colors you have in the next to last image and I absolutely LOVE the photo of your little one in the bathtub waving the water. That's too awesome!! Great jobs!
ReplyDelete